Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Journal of Penny Grant - April 24

Mom and Dad agreed to let my new fiancé spend the night. Fiancé, isn't that the most splendid word? We are going to get married. I'm so excited.

The parents did rather insist that he stay upstairs, in one of my brother's rooms. Dad in particular is really kind of insistent on the whole graduate first thing.

Graduation, prom, a bachorette party, a wedding. There's so much to plan and do in the next little bit.


When Nick woke up, he used Vincent's old computer.



Downstairs, Mom and Dad were making the arrangements for a super birthday party. Ronnie, Nick and I will all be celebrating today. Dad mostly invited people from the family and really old family friends.

You get to choose who comes to the wedding, Penny.

And my bachelorette party too.

If you want one, then yes, that one too.

Ronnie took no time at all to rock up to her cake. She's dying to be old enough officially to finally apply for a job at the hospital.

That sounds pretty icky to me. Sick people, long hours, hard work. But Ronnie set her sights on medicine back when we just started high school. I'm sure she will do well.

Me, I'm interested in the martial arts. I can't find a way to make that into something that I can get paid for though.

Professional sports, Penny.

Daddy?

You won't be the first Grant to be a sports star, Pen.

Really?

Really. Your great granddad Sam was one of the best. At least one of your great uncles did well too.

Nick and I were dancing away inside.

I'm looking forward to this birthday but it is a bit of a worry too. I'll be an adult. That's a bit scary, out of school and expected to be able to make my own way in the world.

Well, sort of able to make my own way, I don't think Mom or Dad are that worried if or when Ronnie and I leave the house. 

Dad shouted to us that it was time. Nick and I broke off our dance and choose a cake each.

I did get kind of stuck behind the big brother brigade though. Stephen, James and Vincent all crowded in toward the table to celebrate Ronnie's big birthday.


Then Nick and I blew out our candles in unison.

To much joy and celebration from our family and friends.

It has been a long day, Nick made some excuses and headed for the door.

"Nick, my love?"

"Yes PenPen?"

"Would you like to move in? There's plenty of space. Mom and Dad won't have any objections now that we're of age."

"It's not like my house is that far."

"Hey, it takes at least 2 minutes to cross both yards. Two whole minutes without you?"

"Do you really think it will be ok? I don't want to impose."

"I'm sure Nick. Though it may be a few days before we have a double bed. Mom and Dad have the only one in the house and we'll need to order a new one."

"Ok PenPen. I'll ring home and let them know. Wouldn't want the parents to worry that I was in a car wreck or something."

As it turned out, both Ronnie and Nick are a bit on the shy side. In spite of their discomfort, they decided to play chess. They still aren't friends but they've decided to work on it for my sake.

Nick is a better opponent for Ronnie than I am. He's on a par with her for intelligence.

And what am I up to? It's party time. I need to arrange a time and place to celebrate the end of oneness and the beginning of married life.

If we remember, apparently there is a party and prom night for the graduating class. I don't know if we'll make it though.

---
Bonus pics

Central Park now has a real kiddie corner. All the new stuff for the kids in the hood to play with. It was fun looking for the new stuff and putting it out.

Now I played the family up to the birthday once before installing Generations. And it crashed during the party.

This was take 2 at the birthday post installing generations. And I decided to change Ronnie's style. The game crashed. [le sigh]

This is what a grown Nick wanted to wear. If that wasn't bad enough, a moment later his hair changed to one of the patterned buzz cuts.

Fortunately, this was the third and final birthday party and his look successfully changed.

Well, she kept her hat but it simply won't do with that dress. The dress will reappear as her formal. But the clothes had to fit her everyday hat. Again, this was the final birthday party so the changes stuck.

10 comments:

  1. Aww I adore Penny and Nick! Definitely following in her parents' footsteps- I'll be interested to see how Ronnie's love life unfolds!

    Can't wait for their wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are loving Nick and Penny.

    As for Ronnie, I'm going to be pushing her a bit in the direction of a recently added handsome Sim. We'll see if it takes.

    BTW - the Pesces will be appearing in the hood round about the time there are Penny/Nick toddlers around. :)

    Parties, my goodness, we will be having parties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick looks just like his dad. There's no doubt he's a Kane. It's nice seeing him and Ronnie trying to get to know each other.

    Penny! You don't go to your dad about your bachelorette party! Eek!


    I'm looking forward to seeing Penny and Nick start their life together. And her getting married without a hat. Well, without a big hat. Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, lucky Penny--I know my own parents wouldn't let my fiance spend the night! ;) I am glad that Phillip's being a bit of a hard-nose, though. No need to rush into anything, she's got her whooole life ahead of her.

    At least they've got one step taken care of, though--birthdays! And man, you're right, Nick does look a heck of a lot like his dad. Doesn't help he has the same glasses and now the same hairdo, lol. XD At least, of the Original Brad.

    It's sweet seeing him try to get to know Ronnie, though I'm with Amelia that I'd like to see what's planned with her love life, too.

    Still, got a lot ahead of them in regards to parties, parties, and more parties--so things sure won't be getting boring for Penny anytime soon.

    On the poll--I honestly don't have much of an opinion, but I'd say move out, at least for now. Penny seems like an independent person, so I could see her wanting to make it on her own for a while. She is adventurous, after all! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genetics - final results are in of one Kane/Greenwood merger. We have James - almost entirely Greenwood but he does have Kane blue eyes. Abbey - looks so much like Farah, it stuns me. And Nick, Brad clone but the only child who doesn't have the Kane blue eye colour.

    Aww, Penny can go to her dad about any party. LOL

    Penny married without a hat? Tisk, that's not on. Without the huge face hiding hat? Maybe. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since they couldn't sleep in the same room, Phillip didn't have much to worry about. And from memory, he and Vanessa had a tumble or two before they married. :)

    Thanks for the reminder. I need to change Nick around again, now that we all know how much he looks like Brad. Time for a new style.

    You guys and your fascination with Ronnie. There are no concrete plans for her love life but I will introduce her to one particular Sim before I turn them lose.

    Yeah, it's going to be busy over the next little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since they couldn't sleep in the same room, Phillip didn't have much to worry about. And from memory, he and Vanessa had a tumble or two before they married. :)

    Thanks for the reminder. I need to change Nick around again, now that we all know how much he looks like Brad. Time for a new style.

    You guys and your fascination with Ronnie. There are no concrete plans for her love life but I will introduce her to one particular Sim before I turn them lose.

    Yeah, it's going to be busy over the next little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poll results so far.

    100% Penny and Nick move out.

    That option does have a serious advantage. We will know when Phillip and Vanessa meet the reaper but we may not have to witness it. I did find that a good thing when Indy passed on. Though the Reaper claimed Phillip's mom Judy at one of his parties.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see the party! Party and prom night in one day? Wow. They are going to have so much fun.

    So sweet that they have engaged from teens and now are going to be married soon.

    They definitely should move out ;)

    ReplyDelete

Free free to comment - good or bad. Or comment on the forum thread about this blog if you prefer.